FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAA JNB Arrivals lounge
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2011, 2:09 pm
brightshark

Programs: BA-Gold, TK*G, KLM-Gold, SPG-Plat, Sixt-Plat, Avis-Pres, TsogoSun-Pres
Originally Posted by Yobz
I'll be flying SAA in Y to JNB in a week or so, according to the *A lounge finder I can get access (US Airways Club Card holder) to the lounges. I was thinking of showering here and doing some work in the domestic terminal while I wait for my JNB-CPT leg, is the internet speed fast/passable?
Unfortunately I have bad news for you... The international arrivals lounge is only accessible to pax arriving on SA flights in C or to SAA Gold or SAA Plat members.

There is no star alliance reciprocity on arrivals lounges. Even SAA Silver don't have access to the arrivals lounge (whilst they do to the departure lounges).

When I was there last time I actually saw a couple of extremely upset *A pax when they were denied access to the international arrivals lounge.

I would suggest that you pass through to domestic departures and go to the normal departure lounge. Star alliance gold is given reciprocity there. Ask for a towel from the reception staff. The internet access is passable and acceptable for SA'n standards.

Another tip is to go to the BA-SLOW lounge opposite the SAA lounge. They accept cash visits at R250/visit, irrespective of your departure airline (or free access to FNB-Visa-Plat account holders) and is worth at least that much, with great food, fantastic wines, Ninendo DS gamestations, etc. Even cocktails! My favourite lounge of all lounges I have ever visited.