FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Staybridge Suites Newcastle (UK) (Master Thrad)
Old May 16, 2011, 6:06 am
BingBongBoy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Staybridge Suites, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK - PICTURES

I recently stayed at the above property and posted in the Elite Stay Experience thread, but thought I would share some pictures of the property and a little more details.

I hope this is of interest.

I arrived at the property after a rather scary journey in a hire car from AVIS which is currently being dealt with via their Customer Relations department. I parked and went into reception and was welcomed by a lovely friendly lady who had just printed off my check in details which was a coincidence.

I was asked if I had stayed before and I had not. She told me how the property worked, where things were, what time breakfast was available till, where the Pantry was and how that worked etc... I confirmed the registration of my car so that it could be listed as having paid for parking.

As a result of the hire car problems, a breakdown service had to attend. I explained to the lady I had problems with the car and that someone was coming out. She told me not to worry, she would call my room when they arrived and she had let them in through the barriers so I could come down and meet them. She asked if I was OK and if I needed anything else etc... All very friendly and helpful. The same sort of treatment was ongoing for the single night stay, a great front of house team.

I booked a King Studio Suite on an advanced purchase rate of £65 + tax which worked out to be a total of £78. Parking is £8 per night which is fine.

I was not told that I had been upgraded, but on arrival at my room having passed through very well presented, clean and tastefully decorates common areas, I arrived at my room. When I entered, it was obvious that I had been upgraded to a King Bed One Bedroom Suite. It was very nice, here are some pictures of the property entrance and the suite:

Property Entrance.

Building Style.

Suite Living Room.

Looking towards Kitchen and Work Area.

Kitchen Amenities.

King Bed.

TV in Bedroom.

Entrance Area.

Part of the Bathroom.

The communal areas downstairs were of the same quality and look. There is a self serve area for breakfast which is shown here during the day when there is no service, however there is always coffee and tea available throughout the day:

Servery Area.

Breakfast Tables.

Lounge Area.

My Breakfast.

Breakfast was of good quality and plentiful. There was one man who was clearing tables and checking on food levels who was very friendly and helpful. It is a self serve area, however he was very happy to help people and get top ups of juice and coffee etc.

Overall, the property is great. If a decent rate is available when I go north again, I will certainly stay with them again. I would thoroughly recommend a stay here.

Regards,

BBB