FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Referral links in signatures - clarification needed
Old May 11, 2011, 10:00 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Can TalkBoard ask for clarification on this policy and such and perhaps work to develop a specific policy?

Something else that ties into this are those who post deals in other forums, when there are on-going congas in S.P.A.M. for those same sites, and who post a "PM me for my referral link," or some such. Why should they benefit from multiple referrals when those in S.P.A.M. only benefit from 1 referral?

I've cut lin821's post below, but I really agree with it. I'd like to see TalkBoard work to develop a comprehensive policy on referral links and referral sites that applies to all of FT, not just S.P.A.M. and that, if possible, includes an outline of specific measures that may be taken if posters fail to follow those guidelines.

Originally Posted by lin821
What you may not be aware is there are some FTers who either have referral links for said websites in their signatures, or post their referral links in posts (with their signature) outside SPAM Forum. This type of posting behavior, without discussing the inconsistency of moderation in taking out (or not) this type of posts, essentially is breaking the existing congalines in SPAM Forum.

What bothers me most is the disrespect of TOS. I am not happy with condoning such behavior outside SPAM Forum either. Such referral links are for one's personal gain and nothing greater.

If such inconsistency and confusion lies in forum guidelines, please have those guidelines updated. If the wording, or lack of, in current signature policy is causing confusion about personal referral links, please consider to spell them out, so FTers and MODs know better what to post or edit. FWIW, I did RBP those "problem" posts/signatures to different forum MODs but some remain untouched. You can check out my RBP log to verify.

The bottom line is I don't think mixed signals are doing any good for FTers or MODs.