FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old May 9, 2011, 8:45 am
yosithezet
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
100th Stay at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit

A few weeks ago I had my 100th stay at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit. When the staff wish me a safe journey home I remind them that the WGS is my home. Some of the gifts I've received in the past to celebrate stay milestones have included free spa treatments, Westin-branded toiletry kits, a Westin polo shirt and a large scented candle.

To celebrate my 100th stay I received:
  • A bottle of Chianti from the F&B Manager
  • 2 free nights at the Sheraton Hua Hin to be used in the next 13 months
  • 10,000 Starpoints

Upon my 101st stay I received a robe with my name embroidered across the chest. Upon each check-in the robe will be placed in the room. I'm not sure whether this is directly related to the 100th stay. Apparently there are other frequent guests who have received the same personalized robe.

Though I occasionally stay at other properties in BKK it is at the WGS that I keep a suitcase. There are plus and minuses to all properties and we all have our favorites. But loyalty is reciprocal and when I've needed flexibility, opening of C+P, special requests and quick reservations organized through social media and email, the staff of the WGS has been there for me and I'm appreciative.