FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Terminal 4 getting better food options
Old May 6, 2011, 2:39 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lobo411
When I'm in a hurry, I trust Burger King because at least it's a hot meal I can get thrown in a bag and be running to my gate in under 5 mins. It looks like all the options will be either slow (wood fired pizza) or cold (sandwich joints). Now, I like to eat healthy, but it seems to me that at least one of the options ought to be of the "crowd pleasing fast food" variety.
Well, IIRC, the deli at the gate 40 end of T4 will heat up any "cold" sandwich I want and let me pay for it in way under 5 minutes typicaly (of course, like anywhere, it depends on the line). So I can have healthy, hot, and fast, all at the same time.

Meanwhile, how slow wood fired pizza is depends on whether it's made to order or not. Over in T1, CPK runs a very efficient and flexible pizza operation, where if you want a pizza that isn't ready or in process, you can get any pizza in about 10 minutes, but they tend to have a reasonable supply of "just made" pizzas always waiting (or a minute or two away) for those customers who'd rather have it fast than to-spec.

Does Sammy's Woodfired Pizza have an existing airport concession somewhere else (that we could use to see whether they'll do this as well for cusotmers in need of food fast as CPK in T1 does)?