FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Status at Hilton Family Properties -
Old May 5, 2011, 1:45 pm
AUDirt

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
This is a repost from another thread. I'm reposting here because this seems more appropriate than the first thread I posted in.

ust how many hotels do not have lounges? Most of my travel is with HIs, HGIs, and the occasional Embassy stay mixed in. By pure luck and happenstance I've wound up gaining lounge access at several Marriotts over the last year (including some small properties, such as the Huntsville, AL Marriott). Since most Marriott-brand hotels have lounges, I (blindly?) assumed that most Hiltons do, too.

Honestly, I've never had lounge access at a Hilton even though I should (theoretically) have access to it. I was about to book some leisure travel with the family where I was kind of looking forward to this benefit.

So, the question is: do most properties have lounges? Or are they rare (and oversold by Hilton as a benefit)?

And, if it's the latter, can anyone tell me how Marriott compares in this regard? (And if they status match? )