FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program
Old May 5, 2011, 3:57 am
JRK

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
Tanjun Aru and KL Shnagri-La

We had a wonderful trip to the Tanjun Aru and the KL Shangri-La over Easter, and I also had the opportunity to tour the facilities and different room types at the KL Traders. I was very impressed with all three properties. In terms of resort facilities the Tanjun Aru must now be one of the best equipped in the portfolio.

Overall the most impressive property was the KL Shangri-La. The Horizon lounge is very spacious and beautifully decorated. Whilst the view is better in PuDong, food and beverage offering and presentation are significantly ahead in KL. All staff was exceptionally kind and helpful and very consistently addressed us by name. Health Club and Sauna are also very impressive and the room was very beautifully furnished. The 2009 renovation of this property certainly paid off.

In terms of redemption value, Tanjun Aru in Cat "C" (2.000 points for suite upgrade) I think is a bargain given the new pool and slides and I think KLSL is rightly charged with the (currently) highest amount for a suite upgrade (4.500 points).