FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Ovation Certs - Discover America Promo 5/11
Old May 4, 2011, 10:21 pm
pguo

Programs: DL PM, Fairmont Premier, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I searched and only found a couple threads metioning these. The last week of the discover america daily getaways has two packages for sale, the first one is for 6 nights at the two Hawaiian properties and the second one is for two nights at the Plaza. https://dailygetaways.discoverameric...ar.aspx?week=4

The T&Cs say these are Ovation certificates, so I'm thinking they must be for 6 C certificates and for 2 D level certificates. I'm also thinking they can be used at any of the participating properties, but since those are the only US properties in those categories they are listed since the promo is Discover America.

My question is about what room category these certificates book into. Some properties have codes for Gold, junior suites, etc. But the online details don't make it clear if that's what category the certificates book into or what that exactly means. Additionally, would you agree that these can probably be used at any of the participating properties in those levels since they are Ovation certificates? If they were only good at these properties, I feel like they would have just made a new special certificate limited to only those properties.

Any insight into this would be appreciated and am I correct in thinking these would be a great deal, especially for some of the European properties.
My guess is category C with standard room. That doesn't mean you wouldn't have the oppotunity to get upgraded.
I don't think they will make a new thing just for the 5 certificates they are trying to sell for DOA.
I stayed at several Fairmont properties using the Ovation D certificates couple of years ago. I don't recall whether I had suite or standard room certificates, but was upgraded to full suite with daily fresh fruits at Le Montreux Palace the first stay and junior suite the second trip. Both are overlooking Lake Geneva and ALPs. I also had a suite at Lake Louis, but being a historical building, meaning also a lot of things don't work, the location is excellent, but service left a lot to be desired.
I was not very impressed with the US and Canada properties. To me other than the location, (Where would you find a luxury hotel in a national park of Canadian Rockies), they are overpriced properties.
I agree you will find the best return of your investment if you can use these certificate for intenational location such as Europe, China, Dubai, and etc. it's great value. You will also likely find better service there.