FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:29 am
UA Fan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by headoflife
Does this mean that a "stopover" can be of any length? I am in Chicago, and AA has a large presence at ORD, so could I, as an example, book a flight from NYC to LA, woth an extended "stopover" in Chicago, and by doing this I would get a one way flight ( my return) from NYC to Chicago, and a one way flight (my departure) from Chicago to LA?
I know it can be hard to believe as it took quite a while for it to sink into me as well, but yes, a stopover can be of any length aa.com shows JFK-LAX routes going thru ORD, so it is a valid routing and you can ask for a stopover even though there are non-stops available on the route. In fact there are some routes thru places like LAS, which is not an AA hub. You might even be able to get that. One of the benefits from flying from a hub to another hub.

Note you will have to book these flights over the phone, as ba.com is not able to book aa awards with stopovers. If you ask politely, you can get the phone fee waived.

Originally Posted by headoflife
If I have that right, is there any way to get the two complementaty legs, without a base in either NYC or LA?
Don't understand the bolded.

Last edited by UA Fan; Apr 28, 2011 at 9:40 am