FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Get price drop alerts for particular a cruise sailing date and cabin class?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 2:24 pm
moretimeoffguy

Originally Posted by Tenerife
I use the service because it's worth it to me to get an alert on a regular basis. Even if you check the cruiseline's site often. all it takes is one day of being off-line and you can miss the reduction. Few of the online agencies have the capacity (or desire) to check hourly for you, especially if they are already turning over a large portion of their comission as OBC to the pax!
Good point. Can travel agents set up price drop alerts in whatever "internal" system they use? Realtors typically aren't manually sending out appropriate new listings. It's some sort of MLS related-alert I'd imagine, based on customer-provided criteria. Either that or the Realtor I used for my last home purchase was super-human.

Outside of a corporate setting, I thought travel agents had gone the way of bank tellers. Still around if you need them. But 99% of my transactions are conducted online or via ATM. And with a service like CruiseFish, I don't see needing a travel agent at all. But that's me. I'm glad others have found value in their travel agents.

Last edited by moretimeoffguy; Apr 26, 2011 at 2:30 pm