FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Get price drop alerts for particular a cruise sailing date and cabin class?
Old Apr 25, 2011, 4:32 pm
Tenerife

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Found a site called CruiseFish.net. Unfortunately they charge for the privilege. With no other players in this area, evidently, it might be a nice entrepreneurial opportunity for someone out there. I know many sites offer free, advertising supported price alerts for airfare (like kayak.com). Not sure why there isn't anything free out there for cruises.
Cruisefish was free for quite a while. I think it then became too expensive and too time consuming for the "founder" of it to continue totally free. (He only recently started charging and continued to "grandfather" in any cruises that were previously registered.) If you cruise regularly, it pays to buy a small packet of alerts -- then it's $1 per cruise for any number of cabin categories for as long as the cruise is active, and can save you several hundred $$$ with one price reduction. I use the service because it's worth it to me to get an alert on a regular basis. Even if you check the cruiseline's site often. all it takes is one day of being off-line and you can miss the reduction. Few of the online agencies have the capacity (or desire) to check hourly for you, especially if they are already turning over a large portion of their comission as OBC to the pax!