FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Travel on Frontier?
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:42 am
pupflyer

Anyone Travel on Frontier?

Hi, I'm a newbie. My name is Suzi. I wasn't sure which sub forum to post this thread in. So, please feel free to move it admin. I always travel with my little dog. We usually go west and take American Airlines. I have had good luck overall flying with American and my little fluff.

But, I have an upcoming trip to the east coast. Frontier Airlines has the best airfare and pretty good connections for my fluff. Can anyone please tell me if you've ever flown on Frontier and if you had a positive or negative experience??? When I googled Frontier, I saw a lot of negative comments about cancelling flights in good weather. I also noticed they said they were a low cost airline. My fluff will only cost me $150 to fly round trip on Frontier, vs. with American or Delta it's now $250. But, in life....many times you get what you pay for. Again, any advice? I'm concerned with Frontier...on the flight I want....there are only a couple of seats reserved. (My trip is only 6 wks away.) I'm worried that after making my reservation with Frontier.....the airline will bump me to an earlier/later flight that day. I have a tight trip schedule. Flying in one day....a get together the next day....flying out the following day. So, do you recommend Frontier? Or, I should I just pay the extra money and go with American, since, I've always had good luck with them. (Also, Delta has the same price for airfare as Frontier and similar connections, a little bit of a longer layover, but, do-able with my pup.) Would you recommend Delta instead of Frontier? I've seen horror stories of people sitting on the tarmac for hours. I can't imagine that with my little fluff! Thank you in advance!

Edited to add: I did a search on Frontier. It looks like members are recommending the airlines overall. I should add more detailed information. I'm flying Des Moines, Iowa to Philly.

Last edited by pupflyer; Apr 21, 2011 at 10:53 am