FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Alumni & Friends Mini-Do (July 22-24)
Old Apr 17, 2011, 5:28 pm
GrizShel

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
2011 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Alumni & Friends Mini-Do (July 22-24)

Following a 6-year tradition*, we're back on a smaller scale (no guarantee of official speakers on Miles and Points as became a regular highlight in past years, but I'll make an effort to see if we can organize someone to give a talk Saturday afternoon before happy hour and dinner and / or Sunday morning after breakfast). We'll at least have some time set aside to share success stories and tips with each other.

This event is open to all and we will organize events over the weekend depending on the level of interest. Let's at least do Saturday Drinks and Dinner for those coming for the weekend and a Sunday breakfast / brunch.

On Friday, I'd love to meet with folks also attending the Art Fair (we'll probably fly in on Thursday; the AF continues for most of the day on Friday and Saturday) - perhaps for Friday dinner somewhere close to the AF. If you've never been to the AF before and are the least bit interested in arts and crafts, I highly recommend it - it's a very big show with an impressive variety of offerings for sale.

I'm going to be extremely busy over the next several weeks, so don't panic if I don't provide regular update. In the meantime, please post both your level of interest and degree of ability to attend as well as your suggestions for places for dinner (if you are local, an Alumnus, or otherwise familiar with the Ann Arbor dining scene) and your ideas /interest for any other activities (e.g., will you go to the Art Fair primarily or are do you just want to attend the mini-Do, or both).

Here's one possible item to add to the program (Bikeguy and other locals - any comments on the Belgium Beer at this place):
Best Belgium Beer in America!
http://www.visitannarbor.org/index.p...e_and_brewery/

http://www.jollypumpkin.com/annarbor/Default.htm

*Once upon a time, Bikeguy made this announcement for the first AAAF Do in 2005:

DTW Ann Arbor Art Fair Dinner/DO July 23
Hi all. Never have gone to a Do before, but that hasn't dissuaded me from trying to organize one. Whether I'm organizing a dinner or a Do will depend upon the response.

Actually have met a dozen FTers or so in the Worldclub in NRT, and the only thing I didn't like about it was it was way too short! So I'd love to at least schedule a dinner for Sat July 23 to get to know more FTers. Ms. Everywhere is already planning to be in town that weekend, so I thought it would be a good day to pick. If there are others that would like to join us for dinner, or even a Friday night July 22 dinner if there is a desire, just say so.

My hope is to get something going in the DTW area on a regular basis if there is interest (once a month?, once every three months?), so if you are interested in getting together, but can't make this event, let me know.

Official Schedule of Events: This is the official AAAF DO schedule, unless it changes. Attendees are welcome to add any event and we'll see what the response is.

Saturday day- I'll be at the Art Fair with my wife. Any one who would like to join us is welcome.
Saturday- Dinner (Zanzibar) at 6PM and drinks afterward
Sunday- Brunch (Webers) at 9:30 and Mileage Run seminar...

- Bikeguy, 5/14/2005
You can search for "Arbor" in the thread titles to see what went on in previous AAAF Dos.

For the Michigan geography challenged, Ann Arbor is a short distance west of Detroit.

Last edited by GrizShel; Apr 17, 2011 at 5:34 pm