FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - check in at BRU
Thread: check in at BRU
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2011, 1:08 am
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
UA973 BRU-IAD- how early to check in?

Anyone have experience with the 11am BRU-IAD UA#973? I'm 1P and will be flying Monday, July 25th. Trying to figure out how early I need to be there. Yes, will be checking baggage. Looks like no fast-track security line unless flying in C or above (or GS). What is check-in like there? I assume UA has an elite check-in line, and if it's anything like CDG, that would save a lot of time.

Need to know so I can figure out if I should be taking the Thalys from Paris to a hotel near Brussel-Midi and then hop over to the airport in the morning, or take the dreadfully-early (for me) 6:25am flight to get there at 8:24am.

Never flown through BRU before, so don't know what to expect. Unless BRU is a breeze, I'm thinking I'll feel better taking the prior night's 9:01pm train to Brussel-Midi, spend the night at the hotel there (Ibis) and then an 8am or so train to the airport.

If I screw up and miss the flight somehow, would UA ship me out to FRA and then return on the afternoon flight? Now wishing I'd chosen the 1pm BRU-IAD flight.

Thanks-