FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United forcing to gate check a bag to destination
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:22 pm
Pyridoxine

Originally Posted by mre5765
Fair enough. I think you needed to pack a light carry on for your mr and a checked bag for the other stuff.

That could make sense in most situations, however, This trip is the one where i get my first stage status as a 2p. So during the trip i would have had to pay the bag fees for each leg. And since i never went home between these trips, the checked bag would have been following me around to my tours of many airports, on only MRs i do pack much lighter.

After all was said and done, I am very thankful that my bag did make it, and heck im glad even I made the flight. I noticed later that united didnt even expect ME to make the flight, and had auto rebooked me the next morning. So the ground crew in SFO gets much props from me, they hauled ... and got my bag there.

And as for those that questioned the facts i gave.....why would i make stuff up, fudge details, then go post them on an internet message board? I dont get any benefeit besides knowledge for future trips to try and avoid similar situations.