FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Going the Canadian Way: To Chicago with Air Canada (LHR-YYZ-ORD in Y)
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:40 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Exclamation In closing up....

Air Canada advertise themselves “North America with Polite Canadians”. I’d say that’s a very fair assessment of the product. All the staff were extremely friendly and delivered good service throughout.

I'd go as far as to say they were friendlier than the friendly United crews I had in February.

If there was a single criticism of the Air Canada products, it’s the food. And the lack of it onboard. I think a bit better portion control and a really careful examination of the 2nd services needs to be taken with to polish off what is a great product on the A330's (as featured in Gold Run 2), the 777-300ER's and even the ERJ-175's.

The Hyatt Regency O'Hare did an "Ok" Job, and their agreement to remove the Internet charges against the bill was welcome. But if you have a business hotel like that, you need reliable Internet access. And that wasn't forthcoming at all that trip - a pity.

Toronto Airport was a lovely surprise in terms of facilities and accessibility. If they could speed up luggage delivery, it would be brilliant - no questions asked.

However, my venom is reserved for the useless agency that we all know and hate - The Transportation Security Administration. Whilst their T2 staff were nice and poliete, their inspection staff quite frankly need to learn:
1) How to repack luggage
2) How NOT to break zips
3) How to wrap tape around an item effectively and safely without causing damage.
4) How to say the word "SORRY"

And yes, even one week and a bit after I'm still mad as hell with them.

And on that bombshell, it's time to bring this trip report to an end.

Well, that’s it from me from a while as I'm not sure what my next trip is. So you better hope I get creative - in which case, I’ll see you sooner than later

Comments and feedback welcome!

Previous trip reports:

LHR-BRU-LHR ... or "How do you burn a £50 BMI voucher without too much pain?"
MAN-ORD on BMI (29/10 ... or Did Kevin Make it to ORD?)
Kevin goes for a little mileage run on UA - ORD/CHM/IAD/EWR/ORD
ORD-MAN in BMI Premium Economy (with Pictures)
Kevin’s American Adventure – MAN-ORD-SEA-ORD-MAN (4 flights, 2 weeks) in Y..
ORD - MAN in BMI Premium Economy: How hard can a PE product drop? (also random moans)
LHR-PHL-SEA, SEA-PHX-ORD, ORD-PHL-LHR - In Y, Come and be scared with US!
LHR-SFO-LHR - If you're going to San Francisco - SFO MegaDO Trip report
Gold Run - Mr Kevincm goes to Washington with EI and US
Long Haul Commuter Run - LHR-IAD-ORD and back with UA
Saying Goodbye to a Friend - Travelling for the wrong reasons - LHR-PHL with UA (Also on GhettoIFE.com - expanded)
The BA Y+/Y Class Long Haul Experience LHR-BKK/SIN-SYD and back on a bargain fare (Also on GhettoIFE.com -Expanded)
The Autumn Run - Mixing Business with Pleasure (C/F/Y adventures with UA and US) (Also on GhettoIFE.com -Expanded)
Long Way Home - The Spring Commute with UA and CO (Also on GhettoIFE.com - Expanded)
Atlanta or Bust (and Frankfurt too!) - (Also on GhettoIFE.com - Expanded)
Drinks in Belfast with the BMI Board with LCC’s - (Also on GhettoIFE.com - Expanded)
Kevin get’s a bit of Seoul - First and Business class with Asiana Airlines and Thai to Seoul and Hong Kong (Also on GhettoIFE.com - Expanded)
Mixed Classes and Infinite/Madness: The Autumn Run with United - LHR-ORD-LAS-LAX-SFO-DEN-LHR - Also on GhettoIFE.com - expanded
Gold Run 2: Blame Canada! It's Only A Mileage Run anyway! (To YVR with AC, CO, BD..) also on Also on GhettoIFE.com - expanded
Re-Creating a Photo - To New York with United, British Airways and BMI Baby (Also on GhettoIFE.com)