FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza Brussels Le Palace (Master Thread)
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:37 am
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
CP Brussels Le Palace

I spent 3 nights at this property, a combination of a paid stay and a 2 for 1 rate stay. The hotel is located across the street from the Rogier Metro station (4.5 euro day ticket, 1.80 euro single ticket), and about a 2 block walk to Gare du Nord which allows you access to the airport (5.20 euro) or other parts of Belgium (I did a side trip over to Leueven which has the oldest Catholic university in Belgium dating back to 1425). There is a bus station next to the rail station (I did bus to Leuven and rail back to break it up).

Free wifi is offered and I noticed the router in the hallway above a doorway just down from mine. Signal was very good as I uploaded a couple hundred photos.

I did not have breakfast here as it was not included in my rate, and at 26 euros (about $37) well out of my price range.

As you cross the street to the Rogier station entrance there is a shopping center that includes a supermarket down below (closes at 2000, closed on Sunday). If you continue on it takes about 20 minutes to walk to Grand Place along primarily pedestrian-only streets. If you don't mind the walk you could easily explore the city center without getting a Metro ticket or pass at all.

I had a 4th floor room that looked across the courtyard into another room, so no view to speak of. You will notice street noise, particularly sirens and accelerating motorcycles and cars from the boulevard on the side of the hotel, but this noise seems to be easily tuned out by turning on the heating/air conditioning unit to block it. I slept well.

Also note there is a 6 euro city tax per night that will be charged on check-out. The hotel adjoins a Hilton (did an award night there in conjunction with this stay) and the Sheraton with a Brussels Grill restaurant, a franchise I saw about Brussels, is behind the hotel.

I'd readily stay here again.