FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 weeks in Europe: critique my packing list
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:49 am
phedre

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
Also on the flat iron while in the UK I went to Boots and bought a really cheap one and left it behind after spending a month in the UK.
I wish I could do that, my hair eats cheap flat irons for lunch. I've bought several in the past and had to chuck them because they don't get hot enough to deal with my thick, coarse hair. Add in the fact that it's well past my waist and things do get tricky in the hair department!

I'm going to add a cardigan or two to my list, along with another couple of pairs of tights for layering (I'm really not big on pants), and I already have my light combo rain jacket, so that should work, along with my indispensable Coach leather gloves. A cheap umbrella can be picked up on site, I've done that before. I'll see if I can squeeze in an extra pair of walking shoes too, just in case one pair gets wet.

All dresses, in fact most of the clothes I'm bringing, are of the quick dry, wicking variety (bought from Patagonia, Cabela, Ex Officio, and other sites of that nature), so that will help.

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
I'd also add: I'm a curly girl and certain travels just force me to embrace my curly side. I don't know the iTools brand, but if it's not 220 volt, it probably won't work very well. (I tried to use 110 volt flat irons with a converter & found it was a headache.) If your hair really is a "hopeless mess" without a flat iron, a travel version with a converter will do little to fix it. I'd suggest you either ditch the flat iron entirely or buy one once you get to Europe.
Hell. I hadn't thought of that. I have the 1" version of this flat iron from Bio Ionic, and it was not cheap. I couldn't justify buying a second one for travel, especially given how much cash I've already spent on various items for this trip!

I'll have to rethink that particular piece of equipment. I'll double check the manual when I get home, but I doubt it's dual voltage.

Last edited by phedre; Apr 13, 2011 at 11:57 am