FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Excelsior - Florence, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Feb 4, 2004, 5:29 am
Noctilux

Location: London, UK. AA EXP 5MM; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Ambassador Lifetime Platinum, Hertz PC
I consider the service my wife & I received the WE to be the finest we have ever had anywhere!!

We turned up last April after midnight fresh from the airport where we had spent over an hour trying to find out what Alitalia had done with our luggage.

They took our baggage claim tickets & promised to sort it out, showed us up to a giant balcony room and brought us some hot tea.

In the morning I called Alitalia trying to discover where our luggage might be, only to be told that "Your hotel has already called & we are on it".

Alitalia told me, after they had found the luggage, that they would be sending a van into Florence "In the afternoon or the evening" with everyone's luggage. The hotel convinced them to put it in a cab & get it to us pronto, so that we had it before we left.

I can not speak too highly of the entire staff at this hotel. It was the first hotel where I have ever asked to speak to the GM in order to congratulate him on their service.

The irony is that we will almost certainly never, ever, stay at the hotel again, as the purpose of our April trip was to sign the deeds to buy our house 45min outside FLR.

Keep the faith.............keep flying

------------------