FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Around the world in J & F (YYZ-YUL-ZRH-IST-BKK-SYD-ICN-NRT-YYZ)
Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:24 pm
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Around the world in J & F (YYZ-YUL-ZRH-IST-BKK-SYD-ICN-NRT-YYZ)

In February, my husband and I used 140,000 Aeroplan points each to do a "mini-RTW" (explanation thread). Plane details below, and links to the photos and stories too. Part 1 is done, so I figured I better get it posted before I got bogged down in work again!

Part 1 (YYZ-YUL-ZRH-IST)
Part 2 (IST-BKK-SYD)
Part 3 (SYD-ICN-NRT-YYZ) New!

More airplane-geek-oriented and photos (added!) information below:

YYZ-YUL: Air Canada flight AC412, 1:13 duration
Departure: 2011-02-06 13:00
Arrival: 2011-02-06 14:13
Aircraft: Embraer 175, registration C-FEJD (fin 375)
Safety: 4:30 video (English & French)
Seat: 1F, J-class regional/domestic recliner. 1-2 configuration. My review: we all know these seats, and I find them great for domestic travel.
IFE: Small wall-mount LCD, touch-screen and remote, audio/video/map on demand, AC power & USB. Didn’t really check it out much since it’s so familiar from regular domestic travel.
Food: Small hot lunch after takeoff, very tasty and unexpected.
Service: Good, met expectations.
Favourite memory: None, very short flight.

Photos:

Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge (Domestic) at YYZ.

The Boeing 777 model in the lounge - my favourite toy that I never get to play with!

Our Embraer waiting for us. Probably shivering in the cold, the poor dear.

Hot lunch on a 40-minute-airtime flight! Tasty!

Look at those funny straight roads down there! (YUL, of course)

Look at that funny bus over there! (These buses on stilts never fail to amuse me)

YUL-ZRH: Swiss flight LX87, 7:25 duration
Departure: 2011-02-06 17:00
Arrival: 2011-02-07 06:25
Aircraft: Airbus A330-300, registration HB-JHE
Safety: 3:00 video (English, French, German I think)
Seat: 1D, F-class low-wall suite-style lounge chair with adjustable & seat-belted ottoman, convertible to a wide lie-flat bed with bedding. 1-2-1 configuration. My review: it was fantastic, and I wish it had been a longer flight. Really flat, not crowded width-wise, and lovely to have room for a companion to join you for a meal. Multiple convenient and large storage locations.
IFE: Large wall-mount LCD, remote control, audio/video/map/games on demand, AC power. Fast, responsive.
Food: Multi-course supper after takeoff, extensive breakfast before landing. Disappointing quality lobster and scallop appetizer, good smoked salmon, good beef, standard molten lava cake dessert.
Service: Outstanding, exceeded expectations.
Favourite Memory: Being the only two passengers in F, and the Captain coming to introduce himself to us after boarding and let us know how long until we were departing.

Photos:

Our Airbus waiting for us at YUL. Staring into my soul.

Us, relaxing in our amazing seats with some champagne.

Seafood appetizer and incredible place setting.

Salad.

Main.

View of seats and large video screens.

Dessert.

Bedding added. Comfy!

Breakfast - we sat together, which is a pleasant option.

Arrival lounge in ZRH - a shower and breakfast makes the day SO MUCH BETTER. (sorry for the blur; I was tired!)

(continued in later post below)

Last edited by c_9; Sep 11, 2011 at 5:53 pm Reason: Added link to part three of the story version, at the top.