FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Feb 11, 2004, 4:02 am
NorthernAtlanticRacer

Location: Europe - LH Sen; BA Silver; US SPref; *wd Plat, Hilton Gld
Hotel Imperial, Vienna [Master Thread]

Imperial, Vienna,

January 30 – February 1

As always: fantastic!

With my birthday on 27 Jan – turning 40, official beginning of mid-life-crisis - and my wife´s coming up on Jan 31, we decided to send the kid off to the grandparents and do a weekend in Vienna.

After having booked through SPG, I e-mailed the hotel, told them about the reason of our stay, and made some arrangements for my wife´s b-day: flowers to be delivered with breakfast, that I would order the night before, plus a little cake with a candle, and, of course, I´d be very happy about an upgrade. Also arranged for driver (ok, not cheap, but at least I get Starpoints for use of the driver, as it is billed through the hotel) to pick s up from airport. Arrangements confirmed, upgrade if availale.

The day before we left, good news: Executive Junior Suite. OK, been there, very nice rooms on the 5th floor. Then, on the day we left, checked again: Imperial Suite, Butler Service, antique furnishings. Goooooood.

Arrived on Friday night, greated by driver at airport, nice trip to the city.

Check-inn: very friendly, greeted by name given the new Plat-folders, with the You´ve been upgraded sticker. Walked to room, which was a two room suite, large bathroom, silk tapestry, very Viennese antique furnishings, and nice views of Karlskirche and Musikverein. Waiting in the room: flowers, Veuve Cliquot, Imperial Torte petit fours.

After a nice dinner at Plachutta – highly recommended, if you like a down-to-earth style with the freshest products – we killed the widow, and toasted the birthday.

Next morning, as ordered, with breakfast, a beautiful flower bouquet, a small cake with a candle, and excellent room service breakfast. There is something about being served breakfast by a butler in dovetails – I could get used to it! Although to be expected from such a hotel, it is always good to see that things work out as arranged.

Maid service twice daily, with Bulgari amenities, which I just love. Butler service was also very nice: ordered coffee on Saturday afternoon – needed that to avoid falling asleep in the Opera – came up immediately, nicely presented.

Late check out on Sunday was no problem, drive back to airport very pleasant, with a bit of a city tour thrown in for free.

All in all, certainly one of the best hotels, great rooms and even better service. Upgrade was wonderful, and the staff is in a class by itself.