FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Taking my Filipina girlfriend to London - realistic?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:22 pm
SteelCityBoy

Programs: BA Exec Club, LH Miles & More, AF/KLM Flying Blue, Le Club Accorhotels, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by Gshumway
Reading all these stories makes my USA green card application like a real easy thing. Although I have to admit I am german and not Filipino.
^ Just less than a week ago we obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain (aka Permenant Residency) for Mrs SCB. The application ruled our lives for several weeks and was the cause of a great deal of stress, sleepless nights and not to mention expense (GBP 1250 for the permit).

It therefore makes my blood boil slightly to see how my compatriots are constantly whinging à la Daily Fail about Britain 'letting anyone in' etc etc.

Whilst by no means impossible, as other have pointed out one has to be careful to show all requirements are met (for instance we never held back in providing copious amounts of documents to prove finances/accommodation/employment etc). Do this and you should be fine.

Good luck!