FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Taking my Filipina girlfriend to London - realistic?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:55 am
HKGorBust

Programs: BA Gold
Sixth Freedom,

My Fillipina girlfriend regularly visits the UK and with the exception of one occasion we never have a problem with visas. A couple of key recommendations:
  1. If she works make sure she has a letter from her company to say who she works for and that the letter is current
  2. If you are supporting her during her trip, provide details of where and what you will be doing, where you will be staying etc
  3. Provide details of your means to support her - bank statements, payslips etc - they don't like overdrafts, so if you have one tell them it is arranged (this caught me out once)
  4. Apply for the shorest visa length first - don't try to get a multiple entry 2 year visa straightaway
  5. Send a photocopy of you passport with your letter
  6. I would say book the flight before applying and submitt these with the application (CW and F do help) - I always do and make sure you have the time to reapply if it gets rejected
  7. If rejected, phone up and get clarification on why - I did this and it really helped with the application

A little preparation always works with visa applications. Applying for a non-visitors visa is another matter... if you every get to that stage PM me and I'll expalin the pitfalls and hurdles

HKGorBust