FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : left SPG Sep 27, '13: Sheraton Firenze Hotel - Florence, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:17 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKEM:
This summer I will be taking a family vacation to Italy. I have Rome and Sorrento scheduled using points and cash from various programs.

I have enough points left over with *Wood to stay at the Sheraton Firenze Hotel for 2-3 nights, two rooms. I cannot afford Florence any other way.

Should I modify my trip to include a stay in Florence at the Sheraton Firenze Hotel even though not in the city? We will then take the train to Rome. Is it worth it?
</font>
Florence as a destination in the city is most certainly worth it. It's too important to skip over in my book. 2-3 days is perfect there, and even if the hotel is not great and you have to take the once an hour shuttle bus (which can be a pain to take since you have to go according to their schedule), the hotel did work well enough for us in late summer/early fall of 2002.