Thread: TSA and NCIC
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:12 pm
Flaflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Big Brother is Here

Originally Posted by RogerRabbit
I am wondering if anybody knows for certain/has links to articles about TSA and if it has powers to search NCIC?
Some including a NY Senator want a full police criminal background check for every passenger.

Read this thread and all the links in it for an eye opener Local news: NY Sen. Schumer pimping new ID scanner

Schumer wants the airport (Buffalo) to become a test site for new technology.

If selected, the Department of Homeland Security would install devices that would scan a passengers identification. Once scanned, the machine would cross check the identification with other databases.
"The machine would scan the passenger's identification," said Schumer. "It cross checks their ticket, criminal databases, the no-fly list, and the customs and border protection database."
criminal databases Plural. There you go.

What Schumer wants to buy at $7000 each ($50 million total just for the test phase) for TSA checkpoints so every TDC can be a junior cop wannabee: Hand-held scanner checks 100 databases -- in one second Any chance it can check 100 databases and NOT check NCIC? bolding mine

Now the company making the devices, Port Townsend, Washington-based Intellicheck Mobilisa, hopes to expand their use to border agents, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) at airports and more police departments, including those in North Texas.

The wireless, hand-held IM2500 Sentry scanner uses the bar coding or magnetic strip on the back of a driver’s license or military ID to check identification from criminal and government databases. It can search for passengers on terror watch lists, weed out fake IDs, track visa overstays, and alert law officers of outstanding warrants.
I Love Big Brother. We have Always Been at War with Eastasia.