FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sneaky Expiration of Starwood Points?
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2011, 8:06 am
newbluesea
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Actually this is NOT unique to SPG. Have you checked out the long whiny thread on Hilton's forum about expiration of points? HHonors policy is ONE YEAR, granted awards do count. But they also do not notify.

It's hard to feel sorry for someone who doesn't read the T&C and then complains about it. I'm a leisure traveler and I know the terms. I've also had points from other hotel programs expire, all without notice.
In the end, it is YOUR responsibility to keep track of your accounts, not the program's. If you have trouble, you can always use one of the consolidator sites, like awardwallet.
Yeah thanks to that guy he now is more informed since he quite obviously didnt know the HH points expiration is after one years inactivity perhaps a message of appreciation to the OP is in order.

As per my observationit a high percentage of program members here seem to take this elite stuff to mean that there is really no need the read the program T & C.
"Elite.. we now most important customer" translation.. the hotel program becomes your personal kindergarden teacher, need to be informed by the hotel about local time changes, need to be told it might be hard to get a taxi on NYD etc etc etc

Like any or every agreement I have with any entity I make it a point to read
most of the rules governing the relationship. Too lazy or self-important?
You get what you deserve.