FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted Offer: Presidential Plus Annual Fee Waived
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:54 am
snod08

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I was one of the first to get this card (got one of the original surveys that shaped the program design). The big deal about this card was that it would be exclusive (which I didn't really care that much about) and that it would come with a higher level of service and benefits. Now, they're literally giving the card away and I'm no longer getting the waived fee that I was supposed to as a Presidential Plat.

The other benefits, including flex miles (not useful to me as I'll be >100k EQM anyway), fee free bags, blue carpet access, etc. don't help if you're already Elite (or Platinum in the case of the flex miles). I'm not sure I would use the hotel deals, since there are often better rates through other sources. The bonus miles are useful if you need them. The alternative is pay directly for the PresClub membership and get a cash back card. Depending on your flight and airport patterns, if you're not going to use the Club that often and travel alone, it might be better to pay per use of the Club.

I do use the card overseas, and there are no foreign exchange charges, so that does have value I wouldn't get with other cards that charge 3%, for example.
Well summarized...with your view as a PPLat.
Yes, if you are elite this is almost useless except for NO foreign exchange fees. (or if you need domestic lounge access very frequently).