FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need your help for a Fairmont trip
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:24 am
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Red face

Originally Posted by alelex
Wow! To many replies! Thanks so much!

So, I think the idea to fly from Vancouver to Calgary can be good and fun too! Vancouver is a easy city to discove by feet? or NEED a car?

So for Vancouver I will do the Pacific Rim and the Fairmont Vancouver then take the plane to Calgary and do the:

Banff
Lake Louise
Jasper
Edmonton
Calgary

I dont want to only sleep one night in each hotel, because you can't really "enjoy" the place when is just one night, so I was not sure if I go to Edmonton (MacDonald is a must see too? I know lot of you knows this hotel).

Banff is a little kid dream, and I booked this hotel for next year (honeymoon trip (my poor future wife hate trees )) So I want to check if can be still good!

And when back to Vancouver, stay maybe in Fairmont Airport? I read at some place the Fairmont Airport is a good one, or maybe I just wait to book when i start my trip and see wich one (between Pacitic Rim and Fairmont Vancouver) is my fav.

Thanks everyone and sorry for my english mistakes!
If you want to stay more than one night at each hotel, you can and build additional enhanced benefits by signing up your girlfriend as an FPC member as well. For example, if at the Hotel MacDonald you want to stay two nights.. reserve one night under your name for a stay credit, and reserve another under your girlfriend's. So if she stays 5 stays, she'll be a Premier member and receive certificates for the following year as a Premier member as well.. which includes a room upgrade, suite upgrade, $50 in dining certificates, and a third night free certificate as well. Reservations must be made in advance for Fairmont to honor seperate palates, and portfolios cannot be credited/adjusted after a stay is made.