FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer LGA to EWR Cheapest way to do it
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:56 pm
iss

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by nasa808
Thanks!! I was gonna ask the same exact question!
you're welcome!

Originally Posted by imm2b
Thanks for the Info iss

I am looking for a slightly different route JFK to EWR. Could it be done similarly?
Guv1976 is absolutely correct with his directions. I would allocate more time for this route just to be safe because it's a bit farther out.

Another alternative in case trains are re-routed due to construction would be to take the Q10 bus to the last stop which is 80th road in Kew Gardens. Walk around the corner to the subway. (again the E train) and get off at WTC for the PATH.

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

The minimum cost of a Metrocard purchased at the Metrocard vending machines available at LGA is 4.50. Fortunately, since the PATH turnstiles accept Metrocard as a form of payment, your $4.50 Metrocard will cover the Q33 bus, the transfer to the E train, and the PATH fare from WTC, with 50 cents left over on the card.

If going via NJ Transit from NY Penn Station, it is not necessary to go to street level when connecting from the E train to NJ Transit. There is an exit near the south end of the E train platform at 34th Street station that offers direct access to Penn Station.
thanks for the tip. I ended up going to street level lol

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Yes. From JFK Terminal 4, Q10 or Q10 Limited bus to Liberty Avenue A train station. (Fare $2.25 with cash or Metrocard purchased from newsstands in Terminal 4, if they still carry them.)

"A" train to Chambers Street, Manhattan. (Free transfer to "A" train if you used a Metrocard on the bus; otherwise, an additional $2.50 for a single-ride subway ticket.)

PATH train from WTC station to Newark Penn Station; then #62 bus to EWR (as described in earlier post).

If you are arriving at a terminal at JFK other than Terminal 4, you can ride the AirTrain at no charge to get to Terminal 4, from which all of the local buses depart.

I would allow 2.5-3 hours for the JFK-EWR transfer if this method is used.
^