FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - how long will a soft cheese, like a brie, stay good withour refrigeration?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 2:49 pm
baggageinhall

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
I'm in Europe. Ice hasn't been invented here yet.
It has. We just hide it from the Americans I even go so far as to put my fake 'knarled teeth effect' veneers on when I post on FT just in case there are any Americans on the thread.

Back OT, the slime is a little unpleasant but not obtrusive. I suspect that by tomorrow however, it will be. I've taken to carrying a small cool bag with me and a few gel packs. If you are in the UK, pop into a Marks and Spencers and you can get one quite cheaply. The gel packs can be cooled down with some ice and will keep the cheese in slightly better conditions.

The window sill trick is good until it goes wrong. I was at University in London and lived in halls (dorm) in my first year. We weren't allowed individual fridges so in the cooler months people used to make their own fridge by putting items into a carrier bag and attaching it to the window and letting it dangle outside. This of course was outlawed when the street below became littered with milk that had fallen from a few stories and caused an almighty mess.

Last edited by baggageinhall; Mar 22, 2011 at 2:57 pm