FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seasttle 4 seasons does not respect the do not disturb sign
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:14 am
Dirk1609

Programs: AA lifetime gold, starwood fanatic
Here is the real kicker, a bit more info. We stayed there earlier this month for three nights. We were in the middle of selling our home in Hawaii and buying a home in the Puget sound area. On the way to the hotel the buyer back out in Hawaii a huge surprise, in other words we really just need to get away and relax. During that time we had the hotel doors for the stairwell and neighbors keep us up all weekend and make the days impossible to relax. Everytime the doors next to us slammed, which was everytime they closed, it actually shook the wall a bit as well as made the loud metal sound of the locks. We had a family next to us with thee kids that were in and out of the room, seemed to be one at a time, all day long starting a 6:00am. We also had house keeping call the room after the second day while the do not disturb sign was out.
I sent a email to the four seasons Seattle about these issues and they offered to host a weekend for us. Free parking and a nice relaxing room. Upon check in we were immediately greeted by the wonderful Assistant manager Dora Joyner. She took us to our room that was prepared and ready just for us with some fruit and a nice stack of home magazines with a welcome card from the Manager. The stay was setting up to be absolutely perfect. However our room was right next to the stair well, that door was not as noisy as it was during our first stay, the doors down the hall were still incredibly loud during the day. I could not even dream of attempting to take a relax in the room or take a nap during the day, the doors would have made it impossible. The real completely destructive event was the room cleaning while the do not disturb sign was out. I was beyond upset and felt a violated. I actually wanted to check out a leave a day early, my partner talked me out of it.