FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:43 am
KIXman

MNL Terminal 2 (Centennial Terminal): Departure Procedure

Before entering the airport grounds you come across a security area where the guards there will ask for the glove compartment to be opened.

The terminal building. To the right is the Domestic Terminal and to the left is the International Terminal

Before entering the terminal building you will have to show your ticket to the security for them to let you proceed.

Entrance to the terminal building. Business class passengers can enter the building via the center "Blue Zone" entrance. Similar to Terminal 1, you will need to show your passport and ticket here, and you MUST have a printed copy of your ticket/eticket or you won't be allowed in, even if you have a electronic copy on your cellphone.

After the documents check is an xray and metal detector.

Inside the terminal building

After getting your boarding pass, head for either end of the terminal building to pay the 550PHP terminal fee and enter the immigration zone.

After paying the airport tax, you can enter the immigration area.

MNL Terminal 2 (Centennial Terminal): Departure Procedure (cont'd)
Beyond the immigration booths is the bag x-ray, metal detector and pat-down. Normally only 2 detectors are manned, one for female passengers and another for male. You'll be asked to remove your belt and shoes. Laptops can stay inside the bags.

Airside. There are only a couple of food kiosks here so I advise getting something to eat before coming to the airport.

Duty free corner. They have the usual selection of liquors, chocolates and cosmetics here, plus a small selection of local goods.

Entrance to PR's Mabuhay Lounge. I haven't been inside but from what I hear it doesn't get rave reviews

2013/9/17 Edit: The lounge has been upgraded. For pics see:
http://www.choosephilippines.com/sta...abuhay-lounge/

Airside there will be an additional bag x-ray for flights to the USA

There is free wifi available throughout the airport.

Last edited by KIXman; Feb 17, 2015 at 11:07 pm Reason: update on free wifi availability