FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OSL - domestic to international connection
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:55 pm
travelkid
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Clipper801
I just flew LHR-OSL-BGO on SK. Yes, at OSL, you’ve to clear immigration, collect your bags, clear custom and drop off your bags on the departure level. All in <30 minutes including a toilet stop after collecting my bag and before clearing custom.

The immigration checkpoint was almost right at the gate as you disembark. No landing card or custom declaration form to fill out. Then just follow the sign to the baggage reclaim area. Collect your bag, if you have nothing to declare, go through the “Nothing To Declare” channel. A few custom officers were standing around chit chatting amongst themselves. They just waved me through. Once outside, there was a lift slightly to the left to go upstairs to the departure level. Went to the *G check-in, showed the agent my boarding pass, scanned the pass and the luggage tags, was asked whether I wanted to use my finger print or passport as ID. I used my finger print. Then go through security and the gate with some 15 minutes to spare before boarding commenced. At boarding, you will need to be finger printed (or present your passport depending on the method you chose) to match up with your hold baggage.

I was very impressed with the efficiency at OSL. Immigration officer was very friendly – asked the usual questions – purpose of the trip and how long would I be staying, etc. No hassle at custom. Unlike the U.S., I’d a feeling of being welcome as a tourist to Norway.
Thanks! Very true, efficient and friendly I would say. But remember he used the *G check-in. And also that at rush hours there might be more lines, even though they open more lanes at security.