FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lufthansa Upgrade With UA SWU Questions/Experiences" Thread [2010/11]
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:27 am
Zurich Flyer
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
I wonder if the OP had a ticket booked in L, but no seat assignment, and was expecting to be able to use the SWU to get a seat in Business? If the OP has a confirmed ticket and was denied boarding because Economy was full, that's an IDB that should be eligible for the much-coveted European denied-boarding compensation. Also, UA should be able to help with rebooking the connecting flights, unless they were booked on a different ticket. Even if they are, you might be able to get an agent to help you if the circumstances with LH were out of your control.

Zurich Flyer, how can we help you navigate out of your situation?

Unfortunately, I had a seat in Eco, yes. The whole situation mad me so angry that I finally did not fly. That was probably a mistake from my side.

However, the problem is that LH refused the upgrade. There is no reason. I had a valid upgrade voucher and there were enough seats in C.

United here in Munich told me to call a hotline, they are not willing to help me. Same with LH.

Is there now something I can do or is there nothing because I refused to fly in Y - in a completely full and packed Y?