FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Des Bains, Venice left Starwood 11/1/2008 [Master Thread]
Old Sep 5, 2003, 11:01 am
767300ER

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Glad to hear those good comments. I also had a wonderful stay in July using Cash and points award. I did not get a room as large as mentioned but a nice junior suite on the top floor looking on the ocean.

Also got wine, cookies, fruits. etc.. The arrival was also very professionnal having somebody showing me the room etc.. At check out I was given a nice book relating the story of the golden years of this hotel.

They have a convenient shuttle bus going to the Westin dock to connect with their fleet of shuttle boat.

To me staying at the Lido seemed much better than staying in the noisy and crowdy Venice environment. It is quiet at night and there is plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. As mentioned the Shuttle service provide ample opportunities to travel frequently (even late at night) to Venice.

Yes the hotel would need some renovation but you have to consider that you pay less than in other Starwood hotel in Venice. Also the entire staff really "try harder" because I think they are aware of this situation and also that customers loyal to Starwood have multiple choices in Venice. For me feeling this attitude really made a difference.

I certainbly recommend this Hotel and would stay there again on a next trip.