FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:09 am
booyaa

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by booyaa
I thought those days were over, but guess not. I should have read, now I wasted a hard pull.

Per TC:

Two years ago Discover had same rules, but they turned around and realized how much business I would bring them. Apparently Barclays's not there yet. When permanent residency is required, usually issuers will ask the question in the application itself with a note indicating it's only for permanent residents or citizens, instead of "tricking" you into submitting application. Evil.

This corresponds with people asked to have their green card/passport copies sent for verification.
Yup, just called. They are asking for passport/green card/birth certificate, etc. One of the things that triggered that is a 20 year or more variance between obtaining a social security number and your birth date. Mine is more like 19 years and still triggered it. According to the rep, even when there's no 20+ year variance, sometimes they will still require the above proof for permanent residency or citizenship, I'm guessing like others have said, based on your last name, which is quite discriminating IMHO.