FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]
Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:18 am
zakami

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I stayed at both the Sheraton and the Westin in Warsaw this past weekend and wanted to give the folks on here an update. Stayed at a rate of Euro 105 at both spending 2 nights at the Westin and 1 at the Sheraton. The Westin had very, very low occupancy but the service was outstanding. The hotel itself is very well built and very modern (except that the high-speed internet hadn't been connected yet). I should mention the service again - incredible. Even before arriving, I had taken a peak at my reservation on SPG.com and knew was getting a suite which was a pretty nice suite in fact. The description of the suite - "Deluxe Suite, Heavenly Bed, Sep Spacious Livingroom, Cd/Dvd Stereo, Deluxe Bath Amenities, Fabulous 2 Rm Suite With Separate Lounge & Guest Bathroom, FLat Screen Tv, Bose Entertainment System And Large Work Area". Check-in was extremelly smooth and was given vouchers for free full buffet breakfast and also for drinks between 6 and 8 PM in the lobby bar. My guess is they are trying to promote the bar and restaurant. I did have dinner one evening at the restaurant as well and it was quite good. The Sheraton stay was pretty average in terms of service and the room. Was given a room on a regular floor but was given access to the lounge on the Towers floor. They have a terminal with an ISDN connection for free use in the lounge. The high-light of the Sheraton was the sighting of some celebraties in the lounge and bar - a famous 70s US rock band, a famous US actor and a Polish beauty queen. I will not disclose their names for the sake of their privacy (couple of them are on an extended stay there for a movie shoot). I learnt later on from a butler that the entire movie crew had earned Platinum status and had occupied the butler floor. Anyway, if I had to visit Warsaw again I would probably stay at the Sheraton. There is more to do around the Sheraton - lots of cafes, clubs, restaurants within walking distance whereas the Westin is in more of a commercial area with not much to do nearby (at least I did not come across anything) and the hotel itself is more happening. Maybe after the grand-opening of the Westin in September things will pick up there. Both are equally far from Old Town.