FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Telephone Ticketing Fee --> Increased to $25 --> now more
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:32 pm
JY1024
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Whoa - I think this is new?

Just checked the AA website and confirmed that it's listed as $25!

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...akeReservation

AAdvantage Ticketing Service Charge

Ticketing Service Charge
(Waived for AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ members)
Ticketing Service Charge applies when ticketing via Reservations†: $25

†$30 when ticketing at the Airport or $20 when ticketing at a Travel Center
Making Flight Award Reservations on AAdvantage Participating Carriers or oneworld Airlines

To book award travel on one of our AAdvantage participating carriers, contact Reservations at 1-800-882-8880 (or your local American Airlines office).

<snip>
* A $25 USD award service charge per person applies to AAdvantage award reservations ticketed by our reservations offices, a $20 USD award service charge per person applies to AAdvantage award reservations ticketed by our Travel Centers or a $30 USD award service charge per person applies to AAdvantage award reservations ticketed by our Airport Agents.
Edit to add:

I actually just posted about the phone fee a few days ago in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15956782-post15.html; you'll see I copied the fee language from the site in my post. Now, the reduced mileage award page has been updated with the new fees:

Old text:
Redemption of Reduced Mileage Awards applies only to bookings made by phone through American Airlines Reservations or through airport or city ticket offices. All such award travel is subject to an additional payment of $20.
New text:
A $25 USD award service charge per person applies to AAdvantage award reservations ticketed by our reservations offices, a $20 USD award service charge per person applies to AAdvantage award reservations ticketed by our Travel Centers or a $30 USD award service charge per person applies to AAdvantage award reservations ticketed by our Airport Agents.

Last edited by JY1024; Mar 8, 2011 at 9:41 pm Reason: edit to add