FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HI San Francisco Civic Center (Archive Thread)
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:48 pm
Flyersj18

Programs: Too many...
Just a quick update on this property...

Stayed for four nights in early March. As discussed previously no more than 100 yards from the Civic Center BART station, so an easy option from the airport.

Check in was fine, free drink for plat, upgrade to 14th floor etc. Room was very nice in terms of the furnishings but you could definitely see that it was a "soft" refurb of cosmetic appearances rather than a full one IE balcony doors were the same ones that had been there for years and the bathroom had been redecorated rather than completely refitted.

Staff were fine whenever I interacted with them.

The major downside as previously mentioned is the internet connection. It now works (which I guess is positive) but at a snails pace and with the propensity to cut out and reconnect on a regular basis! That said it was more of a frustration than a complete dealbreaker although you have to wonder how difficult it would be to sort this out once and for all...

I would guess that it is an investment cost that they don't wish to make. Personally I feel this is shortsighted as nowadays good internet access is becoming a prerequisite for many travellers, myself included.

Would I return? At $99 a night, yes certainly.