FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines reimbursement policy! A horror example
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:38 am
frpe3324

And the point is?

Originally Posted by azepine00
Welcome to FT. Too bad you joined to post a complaint - perhaps joining and asking questions earlier would have prevented an unfortunate turn of events you had to deal with.

Singling out UA doesn't make any sense - all airlines have this problem and it's more pronounced in US where labor costs are high leading to all sorts of subcontracting and outsourcing of baggage handling. Obviously service quality goes down accordingly.

Here is some info on lost luggage - as you can see UA if far from being the worst there - as a matter of fact most majors have similar numbers:

Exactly what is your point? OF COURSE airlines loose bags all the time! I have had bags being lost with other airlines too (travelling a lot). It just happens UA lost MY bag and I didnt even get an apology or reimbursement for this. What is more surprising here is that it seems like UA has never lost a bag considering the handling process. If they handle each case as they did with mine, they canīt have more than 10 cases per handling officer. I have had much more pleasant experiences with Iberia och SAS. They have a very customer friendly process and even if I have not always gotten reimbursed for my expenses at least I have gotten an apology and some good customer service. I canīt change that (I wish I could), but UA has been far from showing a good customer service in this case.