FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:42 pm
glennaa11

Programs: most of them
for those of you who received the Platinum card, what did the "congratulations" email you received say?

I am guess I will be getting the premier card (35K bonus) based on what has been written above...that my "Program Overview" makes no mention of bonus miles and most importantly that my welcome email mentions the certificate good for two $99 companion tickets along with First Class check-in and Zone 2 boarding. It looks like those do not apply to the Platinum card.

I know it sucks to not get approved for the main offer. But the T&Cs are pretty clear that you may end up with the Platinum card and only a 10K bonus if they do not approve you for the Premier card. I guess it would be nice to allow you to decline if they only approve you for the lower level.

Also, the 10K bonus miles every year in exchange for the $89 fee seems like a pretty good deal at .89cpm. You would pay $275 to buy that many miles at the current rate. So even the free 10K miles for the Platinum card has some value.