FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK-BRU-BUD-LHR-JFK AA J, MA Y, BA Y...or, at least, that was the plan...
Old Mar 5, 2011, 3:44 pm
johndeere19

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
JFK-BRU-BUD-LHR-JFK AA J, MA Y, BA Y...or, at least, that was the plan...

You can check out my previous trip report @ http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...omphe-etc.html

I’ve been spoiled lately. In 2011 so far, I’m averaging one long weekend to Europe per month to a major city that I’ve never been to before. First Paris about a month ago, now Budapest for February. I’ve gotten spoiled to the point where I had a chance to book another long weekend in Stockholm with a top hotel included at $400 per person for two nights courtesy of a Delta mistake fare and I didn’t book it. Was it that I was so jaded by FT that flying on Delta would feel like I was going over to the darkside (as opposed to the dAArkside), that I have no status on SkyTeam, that I felt like I’ve been taking advantage and should take a break…I honestly don’t know. But enough about how lucky I’ve been, on to the trip report.

This trip came into being when AA had a sale (read, mistake fare) a few months back. It was my first one (aside from the expedia.ca deal, which they always claimed wasn’t a mistake) and I was hungry to maximize my experience. First, I thought, let me book a long weekend in Madrid for a birthday present to myself…<$300, no problem…done. Then I decided to check out other cities. Next on my list, Budapest. Flights again came up at <$300 and I found a great Orbitz package combining my flights and 3 nights at a 4* hotel with a Continental Hungarian breakfast included for $550. “I wonder if there are any Orbitz coupons floating around out there,” I thought. Another $50 off. All in, for New York to Budapest (JFK-BRU-BUD-LHR-JFK) flight and 3 nights at a 4* hotel for just over $500 and I’m clicking the confirmation button.

Last edited by johndeere19; Mar 5, 2011 at 3:59 pm