FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:42 pm
remedy

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by EmSeeOhMike
I was looking at seatguru the other day and noticed that they don't depict the 757's quite right so I thought I'd share that here. I have not been on the Hawaii birds yet (the second 757 listed as Vers. 1 with 14F seats) so I cannot speak for their accuracy but do have comments about the rest.

As fets answered before, seat 3D is there on all Envoy equipped 757's and is saved as a crew rest for longer flights. Domestically though, 3D is available and have seen people seated in it many times. However, I haven't been assigned it before so I don't know how you would go about getting it.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the first 757 Vers. 1 with 8F seats is no longer a configuration that US uses.

They got a couple things mixed together on Vers. 2 and 4. For Vers. 2 there is a lav instead of seats 5 ABC so 4 ABC have no/very reduced recline. The rest of Vers.2 is correct. Vers. 4 does have a 5 ABC so row 4 has regular recline unlike what they have listed and row 5 will have the reduced recline. The rest of Vers. 4 is correct. (with exception of 3D not being shown.)

I would like to revise what I said before about all Envoy seats being equal on this aircraft. I would advise against row 3 because of something that happened last month. They frequently put families with small children in row 4 and the bulkhead there stops about a foot and a half before the floor. A small girl, about 4 years old, had crawled under the bulkhead while her mom was asleep. I was in seat 3C fully reclined and fully asleep when I woke up to this girl, standing behind 3A, yanking on my winged headrest. Hey, kids will be kids and it's probably a rare occurrence, but I'd say if another row is available then go for it.
Selected 2 C over and 2 D back. Besides what you have said about row 3, they often run out of dinner choices by the last row if they start service in the front. I would have selected row 1 if it were available.