FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Get back my silver status?
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:15 pm
bwhite

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
... as GM has become Silver with the addition of DM and PM being in the middle.
Other than not being able to board with other elite members (but still boarding before the masses) silver hasn't lost all that much. I am sure this will cause some to argue otherwise but silver still has a lot of value and all of the benefits it had before DM or SP was announced. DM just split the existing PM group into two, it didn't add a new population of folks who weren't already DL elites.

A mileage run is the easiest way to get back to silver. If you can combine it with a promo for a particular route you might be able to get there even quicker. Sign up for marketing promo emails from Delta in your dl.com profile to make sure you are aware of new promos that are announced.

I have also been known to make a mileage run out of a business trip. Instead of RDU-ATL-DEN I have gone RDU-ATL-PHX-SLC-DEN. It took all day but I doubled my MQMs. I pretty much lose a day of work to travel anyways so I got to the hotel at 11PM instead of 6 PM. Big deal.

I have even looked at RDU-JFK-LAX-SLC-DEN which added a thousand MQMs more but the fare was too costly. Did do DEN-SEA-JFK-RDU once on the return. It takes some planning but the MQMs add up quickly if you don't mind putting your butt to sleep on an A/C seat.

Last edited by bwhite; Mar 1, 2011 at 2:29 pm