FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - hand lotion
Thread: hand lotion
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:10 pm
aBroadAbroad

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Try AmLactin -- it is absolutely amazing!!!

I've struggled since childhood with painfully dry skin, and for most of my adult life with keratosis pilaris. Until recently, the only thing that made a dent in either condition was Lubriderm (thanks to lanolin), but it was barely adequate.

On medical advice, tried the AmLactin and WOW! The chronic keratosis is literally 99% gone for the first time in more than 20 years... even my horribly callused heels are vastly improved... it starts working after only one use. Seriously.

Only caveats: Active ingredient is an alpha hydroxy type acid, so you need to be very careful to protect your skin from sun exposure (increases burnability). Also, I've been told you should refrain from using it for a period of time (a week or two?) prior to being waxed as it tends to make the skin more delicate. However, use it after waxing/shaving to help prevent ingrown hairs.

Best of all, it's fragrance-free (I have an over-developed sense of smell) so it doesn't keep me awake at night, make me sneeze, interfere with perfume, etc.

If you have access to a Costco, get it there at the best price.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Jun 13, 2013 at 3:32 pm