FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B747 Crew Sleeping Quarters
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:53 am
BingBongBoy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by sweeper20
Thank you. I've been somewhat doing this to make a point as well - mostly that a lot of people have tough jobs with long hours. It sometimes irks me to have to read post after post about 'how we work harder than you and you just don't understand' (I work with a lot of crabby, angry people too! )Yes, I fully agree with people being well rested to perform whatever job they are employed to do - it only makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is that sense of 'we have it harder than other working folks.' I appreciate your post, and will take a look at your suggested reading.
Having read through this whole thread, I do not see, in any post, by any crew member or someone speaking on behalf of crew stating that "we work harder than any other working folks". Unless you can draw my attention to a post I may have missed.

No one, at any point has denied that people in other jobs and industries work hard and long hours too. It just happens that in this highly regulated and controlled industry, in terms of procedural working, they specify that crew must have X rest on X duties.

All of this from someone who is keen on aviation asking for some information about something behind the scenes that the regular traveller does not know of, are aware of or would ever get to see. Makes me wonder why some people bother contributing to a forum like this.