FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SFO BART question-please help
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:54 am
flyermatthew

Programs: AA - EXP 2.3 MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, recovering UA Premier
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Not true. Though at first it does say $20, you have the ability to decrease the amount using the touch screen. If all you need is a roundtrip between SFO and downtown SF, you can most certainly buy a $16.20 ticket just by decreasing the amount to that exact amount.
Huh. I stand corrected. Even though I live here, it's been years since I've had to buy a BART ticket via credit card. I got the BART fare card linked to a credit card the minute it was offered, so I haven't had to use the fare machines since something like 2007 or 2008.

They definitely used to enforce a $20 minimum spend on credit cards. I'm glad to hear they've become less tourist-hostile.

Originally Posted by kebosabi
Also, I believe fares for BART can now be made on the SF wide Clipper Card. If you plan to go to SF often, it might be easier for you to get a Clipper Card and charge that up.
Yes, BART is available on the Clipper Card, and has been for a bit more than half a year, I think. It works quite nicely, and is definitely worth getting if you'll visit SF often. I use my Clipper on BART every day.