FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit Card bonuses
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:15 am
seychellesbound

Originally Posted by DHAST
Hi All,

I'm generally a loyal SPG fan, but have no problem checking out the competition when the right bonuses appear.

I received an emailed offer from AmEx for the HHonors card (not the Surpass card) with a 20k sign up bonus and an additional 30k points after spending $500. (There's some stay bonuses too -- 2500 points each for the first four stays.) Do I jump on this offer no questions asked, or do better ones come out from time to time?

It looks like Citi has a card and then there's the HHonors surpass card as well. Can I get the sign-up bonuses from all three cards, or just one? Is there a "strategy" for getting all three cards? Or can I take my time getting the other two? I'm pushing the limits for inquiries.

Thanks.

P.S. I skimmed the FAQ, but didn't see anything directly related to my questions. Sorry if I missed it.

Edit: I see this fine print on the Surpass card, but not the regular Amex card. Does this mean I should apply for the Surpass card first and then get the regular one second? Thanks.

To earn up to 40,000 HHonors bonus points, you must make your first eligible purchase with the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card within one year of Card issuance. Only one first purchase bonus per Card account. Only first-time Hilton HHonors Surpass Cardmembers will earn up to 40,000 HHonors bonus points. Cardmembers who have previously earned a first purchase bonus from any Hilton HHonors Card from American Express earn the incremental difference of up to 40,000 HHonors bonus points.
I got the signup bonus for both the AMEX and Citi cards back in 2009. I'm not sure why you would want 2 Hhonors AMEX cards? I'd stick with the no annual fee AMEX as the Surpass benefits don't quite justify the annual fee IMHO.