FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel refuses Delta Voucher?
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:27 pm
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Was it the DTW airport Westin? They refused a voucher I received once... (fairly rudely, I might add - I've avoided Starwood properties since then, it left such a bad taste in my mouth. Shame, because I'm otherwise a huge fan...)

Delta was fantastic about it - overly apologetic about it even though it totally wasn't their fault, and they quickly wrote me out a voucher for the Hilton Garden Inn which was a perfectly pleasant place to stay.

Funny side story: I did have to go to the A40 service recovery center to pick up the new voucher. I tried to reclear security through the checkpoint and the TSA dude gleefully denied me because my boarding pass was for 6am the following morning.

I went up to the counter, explained the story, and they issued me a gate pass with a fantastically hilarious justification printed on it, something along the lines of "TO GET PAST TSA". The smurf was obviously not amused, but he didn't have much say in the matter anymore