FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Hacking Cartel
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:58 pm
moretimeoffguy

Most similar blog to Frugal Travel Guy's? e.g. a chief focus on credit card bonuses?

I love the Frugal Travel Guy's singular and undying devotion to credit card sign-up bonuses. That's mostly what I get, and what I expect, when I visit his blog.

Used to follow gleff's (excellent) blog View From the Wing, but ceased when it became a showcase for photos from fancy hotels, restaurants, food, and and airport lounges. Quite valid but not my thing at this point in my life. I'd rather go more places with greater frequency at low prices than, say, save up miles to fly business and first class. I don't begrudge those who do. But I simply don't rack up enough miles and points to pursue the luxury angle.

What other blogs can I follow where, right on the main page without any drilling down, I can learn about frequent flier credit card bonuses? That's my main chief interest at the moment--accumulating more miles and points through initial sign-ups since I rarely have the opportunity to travel for business.

Basically, I want to read another blog or two to be sure I don't miss anything that the Frugal Travel guy might have. That said, I applaud everyone out there putting up free content related to loyalty travel programs and how to play them to our advantage.

I know there are blogs that list deals if you drill down far enough, but some are a bit dull. I prefer blogs that also have narrative and a perspective like the Frugal Travel Guy's blog. It makes keeping up with the latest deals entertaining as well as profitable. FTG, thank you for all you do.

Last edited by moretimeoffguy; Feb 16, 2011 at 3:04 pm